The Twin Lakes Choral Society of Mountain Home, AR, welcomes you to our new website! We are delighted you are here. This is an interactive website. Check out all of the items on the menu across the top of the page, and please comment or blog, we would love to hear from you! If you have any questions about the site or the choir- you can e-mail me at Timothyrlee8@hotmail.com
We, the members of TLCS, are very honored to call this area of the great United States our home! We are also honored to be able to perform for our local community each year! We may only have four concerts a year, but we spend generally about 3-4 months preparing for our concerts. We are first and foremost a Community Choir which means we entertain all different aspects of music/drama that we know our community will love. We sing anything from the classics (Dies Irae – from Mozarts Requiem) to “Build me up Buttercup”
We also perform in other numerous functions for our community. One of the biggest has to be the Red, White, and Blue festival held the last Saturday of June. This is one of the biggest firework displays in Arkansas! We were also able to perform infront of many of Arkansas leaders for the dedication of ASU-MH’s Vada Sheid community center! We are very happy and humbled that we get to perform for such a great community!
We are also very proud to present to you our FIRST website! In this website we ask that you explore our different tabs.. get to know some of our members and what roles they play under our “Volunteer’s” tab! Also check out how we run things by reading our procedures and bylaws, and get to know our Director a little by more under our “About” tab! Check out our BLOG to get consistent updates on what the choir is up to! You are also very welcome to check out our pictures on the side frame! We are one of the many artistic performing groups in our community, if you would like to check out our local Symphony OR our Playhouse please check out our community links! Scroll down to check our “Breaking News” which will be updated as big community news is brought out into the open! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!!
We really hope you like our website! Thank you for stopping by!
-All of us at Twin Lakes Choral Society.
- Practices for the Fall 2011 season have begun! Check in with our newest blog to hear the latest! More news coming soon!
- Help us spread the word!! Help us connect better with the community by letting your friends and family know about our website! If you don’t happen to sing and know someone that can and would like to audition please go ahead and direct them to this site or our Facebook page!!
- Choir auditions are here!! The 2011 TLCS Fall choir auditions are upcoming! Auditions are being held at St. Andrews Episcopal Church, every Tuesday and Thursday in August from 5:00pm until 6:30pm. Come join and be a part of our ever-growing family! All voices are welcomed to come audition. For more information please contact Director-Timothy Lee. ((Also! Please check out our BLOG for more info!))
- Summer Time!! Just because it’s summer- don’t think for a minute that we are on vacation. TLCS will be performing at ASU’s annual Red White and Blue Festival, and we are already getting ready for next Fall- where we have big plans for some awesome music, and also some new surprises!
- Facebook we now have a Facebook group! Join Here.
Words of Praise
- “Concert is a must-see event!” On Sunday, my husband Curtis and I attended a free concert at Dunbar Auditorium. This concert was presented by the Twin Lakes Choral Society. If you did not get a chance to attend this concert, I urge you to make every effort to attend their free performance. This group is awesome. What talent. What entertainment – Priscilla G (Via Baxter Bulletin – Letter to the Editor)
- What a treat! Right here in our own Mountain Home, an amazing bunch of talent. Thank you to all involved. Keep up the great work. Twin Lakes Choral Society is better than ever. A fine director in Tim Lee and talented performers who know how to work had and have fun. More…more…more.. – Raymond P (Via our Facebook group)
- I can’t believe the quality of voices we have in this community. I was afraid that such a small community would have very little in quality entertainment. Boy, was I wrong. This was great. — sel
- I only come to Mountain Home once a year. So I call the Chamber of Commerce to find out the dates of the spring concert. That’s when we come. — visitor
- People are calling the chamber and are surprised that we have so many cultural events in a town the size of Mountain Home. Things like the Mountain Home Symphony Orchestra and Twin Lakes Choral Society. — Susan at the Chamber